Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cherokee Purple Tomato Seeds!

Finally made it to Fred Meyer today. They have their seeds in and they are 40% off. I am so thrilled that they have Cherokee Purple tomato seeds. YUM, YUM, YUM! I can taste them already!

The complete list of seeds I bought:
  • Tomato - Cherokee Purple
  • Onion - Walla Walla Sweet
  • Onion - White Bunching
  • Lima Beans - Burpee Bush (2 packages)
  • Corn Salad/Mache/Winter Lettuce - Dark Green Full Heart
  • Peas - Tall Telephone
  • Cucumber - Armenian
  • Squash - Waltham Butternut
I don't plan on buying many more seeds, I have a lot left from last year. I want seeds for Juliet tomatoes. And I may or may not get seeds for parsnips and acorn squash. That depends if I can find a spot to plant them. I've been working on planning my beds and there are some things that just won't fit.

Any winter squash will have to be somewhere else. I think I can come up with 3-4 spots for hills, but beyond that I don't think so.

The onions I bought for fall. I'm going to experiment with planting them and see what happens. The peas and mache/corn salad are also for fall planting.

And boy am I ready for spring. It's been 30ish, cloudy and attempting to snow for 3 days now. I would just settle for a little sunshine if I can't have warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment