Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm so behind!

I still haven't planted all my spring veggies. And my poor tomatoes need potting up so bad. We were out of town a few days and I haven't quit caught up yet.

Before we left I planted potatoes - Yukon Gold and Norland Red. One half of a 4 X 8 bed of each. I decided to wait to plant seeds in the garden until we got back.

We got back Saturday and yesterday I got some things planted. Set out plants for Walla Walla onions and burgundy onions.

I planted seeds for:
  • carrots - Danvers #126, Rainbow Blend, Purple Haze
  • radishes - Cherry Belle, Salad Rose, Sparkler, Watermelon
  • beets - Cylindrical, Tall Top Early Wonder
  • peas - Little Marvel, Tall Telephone.
Most of these are left over from last year. Some of them I'm using up and don't plan to buy again.

I still need to plant snap peas, scallion seeds and greens. I still have some random stuff in a couple of the beds. There is half a bed of onions and itty bitty parsnips from last year. The parsnips had pretty much got crowded out by the tomato jungle. I keep debating if I should try growing them again or not. . .

Hopefully I will get the rest of the seeds planted today (even though the wind is blowing). I also want to work on planting veggie and flower seeds in my moon garden. But, the first thing I really need to do today is pot up my tomato seedlings.

And once I get all that done, there are plants to move, flower seeds to plant, roses to baby. . . Oh, and a greenhouse to finish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment