Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Waiting for Spring

Mostly what I'm doing right now is waiting for spring. I have the veggie garden planted. I need to prune the fruit trees, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. Yesterday was fairly nice, but I had jury duty all day.

wait - whats that glare on my monitor? It can't be! THE SUN IS OUT!

We have a greenhouse kit we bought a year ago from Harbor Freight. It's the 6' x 8' model. There is quite a bit of info about these greenhouses (HFGH) at Garden Web in the greenhouse forums. We've been checking all that info out on how to put it together. Here is what we've done so far (and it's only been a year).

We put down the floor for the greenhouse:



I opened the box and made sure all the parts were there:



We need to buy wood for the base. The problem is we need to stain/seal the wood and it is too cold to do that. We may be able to warm the garage up enough, but we will see. Or we may wait for it to be warmer outside.

Come on spring!

2 comments:

  1. Connie,

    You will love your green house. I have a pop-up GH I put up every year ( don't have the room to keep it up). I love spending time in there planting and repotting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking so forward to it being done! I would like to just have even a warm place to sit in the winter. :)

    ReplyDelete